PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 9th Feb 2008, 11:46
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biddedout - I would certainly hope to see the RJ saga sorted out once and for all with the forthcoming shake out, we can only keep our fingers crossed. Whatever happens the whole event is a sorry illustration of what can happen when pilot bodies have to fit amongst themselves for work.

pacamack - conceptually it's no different to striking for a pay rise. BA will still be paying us, we just disagree over how much and so a strike occurs. We think BA has broken the intent of Schedule K. They disagree. We strike until they return to the negotiating table with an offer we can accept. But for your sake I'll give it one last simple explanation. The intent of the agreement is to protect BA jobs and ensure that all flying of aircraft above 100 seats owned by BA will be done by BA pilots. The intent at the time of agreement was that the agreement should apply wherever BA pilots have the right to work. BA are now using the new regulatory environment to set up a wholly owned airline using +100 seat aircrafts operating from bases where we have the right to work. The intent of the agreement has been broken and we will strike until the intent of the agreement is honoured. If you still claim not to get it then I suspect you don't actually want to get it at all, you are just here to make mischief.