PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet Second Officer Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 10:38
LeavinonaJetplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Usual "Down with Silverjet" comments are out again I see. Why does it have to be a scam or a rip off? Well it wouldn't be worth posting on pprune i suppose.........

I think this is a great opportunity for type rated pilots with no experience to get on the big jets. Compare the wages with elsewhere and you will see they pay more than double. I think some of the pilots on here quoting higher salaries, are for pilots with more experience. I hope the opinions on this forum doesn't scare off those who would genuinely benefit from this, (as unfortunately there are vunerable people that base their career decisions on this website??? Madness.....)
There are posts on another thread moaning about Silverjet and indeed other airline's minimum requirements where pilots felt more jobs should be offered to low experienced pilots jobs. Now they are offering out jobs which would help build experience - the gloves are back on?? The hours all count and they don't have to worry about long seniority lists and working for managers they hate, politics and everyone who works there has nothing but good to say about the company/people.

If the company continues with its current amazing sales (despite all the bad press - I see those figures haven't been published on here) then they are still on track for a stab at success. Look at what they have achieved since launching, the load factor for 3 operations is higher than other start ups, expansion plans are still on track and BA are trying to compete - says it all.

I know a few of the pilots there and know that they are promoting from within and are keen to do so, so IMHO they will look after those joining their venture in the future. A great opportunity for the SO's. Good luck to you