PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - thanks pprune for deleting a important thread!
Old 9th Feb 2008, 08:05
Rob's Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet Driver: Nice one Centurion!

GATSY (assuming you are still following this thread): This is not a post from a spoilt “brat”. Like you I went modular – FAA licences and converted to JAA. Mummy and Daddy did not pay for my training: my young family made sacrifices so I could pursue a burning desire to become a professional pilot. So I can appreciate that it must be frustrating to receive what you consider to be negative inputs when all you seek is to highlight a subject close to your heart; however, believe it or not, people are trying to help you prepare for the future.
Attention to detail is vital in professional aviation: you need it to pass the professional flying tests, you need it to produce an impressive C.V. that gets you that elusive interview, you need it to pass the interview, and you definitely need it in commercial flying. It may appear anally retentive to you, but shoddy and somewhat insular posts suggest that the poster would be like that on a flight-deck too – which of course hardly endears them to fellow pilots. Harsh, but true.