PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Aviation in Australia...
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 02:11
mooguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business Aviation in Australia...

Does anyone know if there really is any market for it here, in sydney where I recently moved to? Ive approached exeujet at mascot, sydney, and a nice chap told me they dont really have VIP cabin crew, as unlike europe there just is not the poplulation/maarket for it here.

I worked for years in Emirates, then for the Prime Minister of Lebanon, followed by a series of freelance and longer time jobs, all out of the middle east. Im 41, highly experienced and quit flying 2 and a half years ago in the middle East when I married my Australian husband. Unfortuantely, the marriage failed.so I left the marital home in pertha and moved back to Sydney.

My resume got passed on to the universal guy here.....but Im getting v worried now, as I am having absolutley no luck getting ANY kind of jobs. I would even work in a business class lounge or as a receptionist at an FBO, as aviation is really all I"ve known all my life. I am running out of money, and wonder do any of you fellow ppruners have any advice or companies I could contact that you'd know of?

I have dual citizenship, Irish and Australian and love living here in sydney. However, I am seriously wondering shoudl I quit (and make another move) to return to Europe if it means getting work. Even at 37 I was finding getting decent full time corporate operations very difficult to get into, and now having lost a lot of contacts since my several years absence, would I be banging my head against a brick wall? I well remember all the husstling that used to go on amontst the girls trying to get those jobs........

What to do

To those who may take the time to give me some advice, thanks in advance.

Cheers