PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 01:27
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Dircmt,If you are refering to me,you are incorrect. I have never requested ,or even suggested, that civilian traffic at Williamtown be "able to track wherever they wanted". Quite the opposite. I have constantly stated that the procedures should be updated so they reflect those that exist in other modern aviation countries.

You also imply that I was not open to any suggestion "that a full investigation had taken place" This is wrong as I have not commented on the matter at all.
In relation to the comment that a particular aircraft may not have been put in a dangerous situation(due to it being held over the ocean)-what about all the other aircraft that are?
Most importantly,it looks again if the Williamtown people are not even considering looking at more modern separation procedures and routing which would most likely eliminate the requirement to hold VFR aircraft.
Totally closed minds! Lets hope these people are not in charge if we have a war.

And by the way,it would matter what response defence gave at the RAPAC meeting- if they stated they were going to investigate how similar airspace was handled in other modern aviation countries there would be loud rejoicing all around!

Last edited by Dick Smith; 9th Feb 2008 at 01:44. Reason: to add a positive point