PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2.6 %
Thread: 2.6 %
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 23:59
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don't all end up in the job we want, someone has to do those other jobs that don't always go away. Agreed but most of those in jobs that don’t go away are well happy. It is quite easy to get an exchange to a Sqn if you try hard.

Look up the rate for someone who has done 4000 days away, this is where the people who go away more often are let down most badly. Not sure what you mean – have you done 4000 days away?

I used to think I was the only person who worked too, when I grew up I came to realise that there's a whole load more to achieving an operational mission than just the lineys and crew. Agreed again, but it is a whole lot easier than being a Liney or crew – if not policy makers and office jobbers would all be applying to get back on Sqns. These days how many guys in engine bays/ ASFs or neat little posts at Wyton are trying to get back.

Seems like bad management to me, nothing more or less than that! True statement, but sadly true fact of life. You know the attitude from those that don’t do the duties – not their problem and they don’t really care.

I agree they should get more but it should be LSSA or whatever it's called this week, set those levels at at least twice the current rate and we'll be getting somewhere. 100% Agreed.

However in conclusion would you agree that just because they are subject to the same rules as everybody else, the ones that don’t want a hard career job, the ones that are quite happy to sit in a bay somewhere, the ones that will fight a posting because their wife has a professional career (when other wives don’t) the ones that will use their kids as an excuse not to be posted when others go with the flow, should get the same money as the few that do abide by the rules.

I will never forget the WO from Innsworth during a road show at RAF Bruggen:

When Bruggen was closing and loyal personnel were trying to get a decent posting of their choice, his attitude was “you wear a blue suit and we will post you anywhere”. The problem was he had been stationed at Innsworth for 15 years (along with many others around the country who could not be arsed to take up a posting elsewhere) with no ambition to move anywhere.

Hypocritical ****.