PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2.6 %
Thread: 2.6 %
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 23:04
insty66

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A good pay rise for you all and I am very pleased.

However I am not sure about the X factor rise.

My opinion (and this is only for the RAF) is that for the majority of members serving, life has not really changed in the last 20+ years. The majority of personnel only do an OOA once every 5-10 years and I still know quite a few people that have never done one. We don't all end up in the job we want, someone has to do those other jobs that don't always go away
More pay should go to those on continual ops, undermanned trades who are always on the go etc, etc.You canceled your own argument with the statement below

Now I know some will say that is what separated service pay (whatever it is called these days) is for.Look up the rate for someone who has done 4000 days away, this is where the people who go away more often are let down most badly

However, my experience is that somebody who is in the frame for lots of OOA’s are normally the same people working their nuts off at home as well. I used to think I was the only person who worked too, when I grew up I came to realise that there's a whole load more to achieving an operational mission than just the lineys and crew

Plus they are normally get shafted to pick up extra guard duties etc to make up for the time they were on Ops. Seems like bad management to me, nothing more or less than that!

If things have changed in the last 12 months I stand to be corrected.

These are the people that should receive more.I agree they should get more but it should be LSSA or whatever it's called this week, set those levels at at least twice the current rate and we'll be getting somewhere.

Not your 8-5 (can’t be bothered because it is Friday afternoon) type people.
Why should they get an X Factor rise?
Because they are subject to the same rules as everyone else.