PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of RAF Data
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 20:29
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As posted at # 7, my daughter has also had “some very personal” data lost on this laptop.

Since the incident she has received a letter explaining the situation with a mega apology from the MOD.

She also rang the help line and has since received two calls from them keeping her informed of developments.

She is more than happy with the way she has been treated throughout this incident.

However what struck me was her attitude (she is only 20). Her main thoughts were for the poor lad that has lost the laptop: no career, no sympathy, and no support. All because of the way the mass media, politicians and the mass population get on the band wagon to blow up an incident out of all proportion and only because it’s the in thing at the moment.

Her words: “Dad, I stand more chance of my personal details being nicked and used from Amazon, Ebay or Paypal than that laptop being stolen by people who are going to actually use the data”.

I must admit I am quite proud of her lack of “I’m going to take the entire world to court, and I demand an explanation, and I want blood” type attitude.

Can’t fault her and certainly proud of the fact that she is not one of the “where there is a blame, there is a claim" culture”

Last edited by SRENNAPS; 8th Feb 2008 at 20:42.