PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 19:28
mw744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think it's fair to say that to some extent comments posted here, like in many other places/subjects tend to be from those who have had had awful or delightful experiences and that, in the case of BMI, who have a large crew base in number, the big number in between just get on with the job?
I know some (not droves, just 6) ex BMed folks and all are battling badly at BMI in many ways aggrovated by long and tedious journies day after day just to get to/from LHR. BMed rosters allowed for commuters because of the mid-haul network.
A friend is joining BMI sometime soon (their next training dates not published yet) so I am looking towards understanding what the alternative reasons for 'mass exodus' could be.
As senior crew who attends recruitment events for my own airline I have to say I am not impressed when BMI/Bmed crew apply and use the interview either as a forum for complaint or appear to want the job with us simply because they believe they need any old place to go, which in my case, means carting them off to the desert and dealing with a whole set of new problems we have to help them through.

Specific examples would help get a clearer picture.