PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 8th Feb 2008, 16:20
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually not a cabin crew member, but rather an occasional SLF (self-loathing and frightening?).

Long time ago, flying with a german carrier to Mallorca from DUS, was being served my meal and a piece of bread on the side. Problem was the bread had to be picked up with some sort of pinces and put on the tray with the rest of the food. Bread was served the last. A very nice stewy tried to do so as she had managed so far with all the others but the bread performed a back-flip, escaped the pinces and decided to bounce in my head before disapperaring somewhere under the seats. It was a very tense second before I bursted laughing and she relaxed...(we spend the whole flight talking afterwards as she actually was from the same country I am!...btw not germany)

Another time, crowded B747 from HKK to FRA, went to the bathroom and forgot my glasses inside. As soon as I stepped out somebody got in behind me as there was a long cue. I realized soon enough that I had forgotten the glasses inside and said so. A male stewie heard it and started banging the door strongly. I thought it was a bit much, let the guy do it's thing first(I wasn't going anywhere in mid flight, was I?). A minute goes by and the stewie bangs the door again...few seconds later the guy comes out looking ferocius and to my amazement the steward acts like it wasn't him who knocked... I could only mutter "I forgot my glasses" and I swear I thought I was gonna get punched next...luckily nothing happened at the end except a very pissed off guy probably doing some voodoo on my behalf.

A.