PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic inkjet cartridges
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 12:03
znord737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:The use of compatible inkjet cartridges

Gentlemen,
I would urge caution when using compatible inkjet cartridges.

On the latest Epson,Cannon and I believe HP Printers . Manufacturers have designed their inkjet printers with electronic wizardry that detects whether you are using a non Epson/Cannon/HP replacement ink cartridge.

I had a brand new Epson Inkjet Printer purchased only 3 months ago. I used replacement compatible cartridges which worked fine . When i inserted the third set of replacement cartridges I got a message up on the screen to say "Use of a Non Epson Cartridge Detected" .

The Printer switched itself off and no amount of trying would enable the unit to switch on again. I took the printer to an authorised Epson Repair Centre , they wanted £70 just to look at it to reset the firmware and another £60 for one hours labour to repair it . The Printer only cost me £50 originally from PC World.

The Authorised Repair Center said that Epson make their profits out of selling Ink Cartridges and not from the Printers. Just bear that in mind when you next purchase non manufacturer replacement ink cartridges.

I had to purchase a complete new Printer . Something tell me as a Consumer we are being taken to the cleaners over these Ink Cartridge Issues.

Best Regards
znord737