PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 08:38
Doc Cameron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money is on a double input bearing failure on the MGB by what has been said before.
Fat... I'll certainly have some of that action, I hope you're really rich!

The other worrier if you look at 212 mans earlier graphic on the warning panel is the loss of generator when MGB heats or loses oil. Could all generation be lost due to the need for the generators to be oil cooled? So you could be coming down somewhere at night on standby power only? Would that be a correct assumption?
I'm afraid that you are assuming rather a lot here. The genny may or may not be a red herring (though granted there is an association), one still has the other AC generator (which can power everything), and the APU genny which can also power (almost) everything and of course the last ditch (pathetic admittedly) battery.

In some regards the problem here is an aircraft with too much redundancy (sometimes), and too many cautions associated with too many parameters. It is inevitable that one will see many of these cautions during the course of normal flight schedules.

Keep up the banter, rumour and speculation though, It's entertaining if not productive.

Cheers,
Doc