PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air ambulance/ Police- winching/ onshore rescue
Old 8th Feb 2008, 08:31
Flaxton Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab -

What is arrogant is saying if the public don't like your idea then they can just stop donating. Our job is the responsibility of government to discharge iaw the Chicago Convention and they are elected to spend the taxpayers money - can you say the same for your trustees and your operational remit?

Of course not. But I can say that just as the Government are elected to spend our money, the Trustees are entrusted to spend the money raised by the charity. I have no say at all in what my tax money is spent on, and I cannot withhold it. Our benefactors can and will if they don't like what we are spending it on.

Have you ever donated to a charity? Did you specify how your donation was to be used?

"You say you will train until you are capable of safely winching a paramedic up and down - you have only just told me you intend to winch the casualty as well if appropriate, extra training or cuffing it?"

Careful, slipping into 3DCam mode there. Why do you have this impression of AA crews as incompetent devil-may-care flyboys?? You really should get out in the real world for a while and have a look around. We all have families to go home to at the end of the day and nobody is taking this lightly. The CAA may have their knockers, but the one thing they will always do is cover their backsides. IF they approve something, you can guarantee that it is as safe and comprehensive as it possibly can be.
Nobody is intending to "cuff" anything. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

Just to re-iterate - I have not told you we are intending to winch patients, I have told you we will be looking at it. Same as we will be looking at full-time doctors on board, night transfers etc etc. Things evolve, that's how we get better.

Thing is Crab, we're never going to agree on this, so I'll wander off to some other thread and find somebody else to annoy. Be careful out there.

P.S.
I guess this is probably a bad time to mention phase 3 - our plan to parachute-deploy our lightweight 4x4 rescue buggy through the rear loading door?

Russell - I'll knock up a quick winching DVD for you. Just sign the enclosed slip to say that you have watched and understood it, that should do. Bring your own gloves and you can start Monday.

Ref the fire bucket.....I'll have a word with the Trustees and get back to you.