PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom UK
Thread: Zoom UK
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 07:29
Puritan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

TightSlot - Thanks for following up on that, wherein what you’ve said is precisely what I was alluding to.

For those folks (e.g. 007bhoy) whom suggest that airlines should endeavor to be ‘original’ and / or not to copy / plagiarize the work of other airlines, you might be interested to know that the CAA kindly provide pro-forma versions of what constitutes an airlines bible; namely the ‘Operations Manual’.
Most airlines Operations Manuals are based on this and, necessarily, look very similar (because it’s a requirement of the CAA / JAR that they do).
Airlines are then able to amend this holy tome – always remembering that any changes have to be submitted to the CAA for approval.

It might further be of interest to know that Astraeus’ Operations Manual was a mixture of stuff from City Flyer (which in itself was influenced in its ownership by Air Europe and then latterly by British Airways) and similarly a mixture of stuff from British World Airlines along with a good dash from GoFly (which itself was strongly influenced by British Airways). Need I go on?
So, whilst not having seen it, I’d imagine that Zoom’s manuals have been influenced by its heredity – just as are all other airlines.

Therein, in this day and age, reinventing the wheel, i.e. with respect to the Operations Manual, is neither commercially expedient, nor required. However, where tangible changes can be made is in the cabin service; and I’m led to understand that Zoom have made good inroads in that direction.