PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom UK
Thread: Zoom UK
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 21:00
Puritan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As it happens, I was involved in the set up of Astraeus (+6 years ago) during which we experienced somewhat similar feedback as that described above, i.e. a good many (so called) 'experienced' people were turned away and / or were indignant about the interview process that we put them through.
However, having worked at Astraeus for +6 years I can say that, imho, in the vast majority of cases the recruitment process was spot-on, with my colleagues being a delight to work with!

Indeed it’s very much my recollection that many of the 'experienced’ people taken on at Astraeus, i.e. during its formative months / years, singularly then fell by the wayside; typically due to these people being far too entrenched in their ideas and / or beset with a big / established airline mentality; this being something which does not fit well within an airline that is still in its early / embryonic phase.

Given its pedigree / heredity, I would suspect that Zoom are doing something very similar to what we did when we started Astraeus, i.e. in terms of the caliber of people it’s looking to recruit.

In any event, it’s my contention that you can pretty much tell who you’re going to recruit within the first 30 seconds of an interview!

Ps. Without wishing to incur the wrath of the Freedom-of-Expression Police, I feel very inclined to comment about the atrociously poor level of spelling, punctuation and grammar exhibited in some of the posts above. Imho it demonstrates a sloppy attitude, about which I personally would chuck any application form showing such lack of attention to detail in to the bin,… wherein some people really do need to ‘cop on’ about ‘standards’ in all respects of the word!

Last edited by Puritan; 7th Feb 2008 at 21:10.