PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air ambulance/ Police- winching/ onshore rescue
Old 7th Feb 2008, 20:04
[email protected]

Received 657 Likes on 290 Posts
Flaxton - looking at repositioning the casualty and actually repositioning the casualty are so close to each other as to be almost identical since the intention is clear but if that's the way you want to spin your statements then fine.

What is arrogant is saying if the public don't like your idea then they can just stop donating. Our job is the responsibility of government to discharge iaw the Chicago Convention and they are elected to spend the taxpayers money - can you say the same for your trustees and your operational remit?

You say you will train until you are capable of safely winching a paramedic up and down - you have only just told me you intend to winch the casualty as well if appropriate, extra training or cuffing it?

Jack jack - inappropriate use of the KED won't kill someone and it is always possible for a fractured pelvis to go unnoticed - I am well aware of what the kit is and how it works I was just highlighting the weakness in FFs analogy.

Tec pilot - the siting of SAR bases is designed to meet govt requirements for response times, much like the positioning of ambulances - do we need more money if we want a gold plated service? yes but I can't see it happening. There is nothing wrong with civilian rescuers but they must be properly established and trained specifically for the job if it is to be done properly and above all else they must keep current and proficient which is where the extra costs come in.