PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Friends of Flt Lt RV Patchett (Deceased)
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 20:03
Mike Patchett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for my delay in responding, it doesn't demonstrate any lack of respect for the time taken to answer simply the poor internet connectivity in Irish hotels where I find myself travelling all this week, I am most grateful for the responses.

Odie - funny how we seem to keep meeting like this

Nuther A2 - what lovely comments, that he was a gentleman is something I have heard before from people who knew him, both within and without the RAF.

A2QFI - Nick, many thanks for the comment on here and also the email, I have tried to respond to that but the technology defeated me (Odie will advise all that I am not the best with technology). My mum mentioned that you called, she was really grateful for the document you sent from the National Memorial and showed it off to us all when we met last month. I haven't seen her so proud of his memory for a long time.

His jazz playing in the mess was a great love of his, before he entered national service he led a dance band which played the clubs across the north but jazz was his passion, one of my earliest memories of him is his putting on his jazz records on the record player of an evening, that and that we cleaned his shoes for him. I was discussing this with my uncle (his brother) who revealed that he use to have to do that as well but he used to get paid and I think we were too young for that element of bveing related to him.

I will let the forum know when we can get a memorial organised