PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training Midlands
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 15:54
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are three FTOs at Halfpenny Green: HGFC aka The Flight Centre which is where I did my PPL, they now have only Diesel PA28s (they got rid of the C152 and the DA40 is STILL grounded waiting for its new engine to be fitted), The Flying School - which has a C152 and Halfpenny Green Flying School with PA28s (I think both diesel and Avgas) and C152s. There are three runways at EGBO, the shortest being 22/04 which is 635m and the longest 16/34 at 1162m which also has a brand new lighting system being installed (probably completed by now.) HGFC doesn't charge Landing Fess nor, to the best of my knowledge, do the others. It's a FISO service at EGBO.
I would also suggest Shobdon as probably being by far the cheapest around but you may think it's a bit far away from you. I make a round trip of almost 400miles to fly from there but then I DO own a caravan and Shobdon does have its own, neat, clean and tidy Caravan / Camping site. It also has a good cafe, clubhouse with bar which is open in the evenings (although you can sit in there during the day) and is located in Herefordshire's Cider country.