PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are we really going with the IMC rating?
Old 7th Feb 2008, 14:06
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is widely reported the French are opposed to the IMC rating.
It is widely reported the European Commercial Pilots Association is opposed to the IMC rating.
Why is the average French pilot opposed? I don’t know the answer. I am not even certain anyone has asked them. Are they opposed because no one has bothered to explain the rating to them?
You have answered your own question there Fuji. About half the French pilots at my club here have heard of the IMCR, mostly because there is a Brit (me) who has spoken about it at their club!! When I have asked the active pilots who like to fly places (ie not the brevet de base type) most wish they could have one here in France as a Full IR is unatainable now.

So, to sum up : Alot of French PPLs probably havent heard about the IMCR and Im sure no-one has asked the French PPLs if they think its a good idea. I recall someone posting that UK-AOPA has been in contact with French AOPA, but I dont know anyone at our club thats heard of AOPA either - The FFA is the organisation representing PPLs here in France because all Club PPLs are members of the FFA in order to fly at aeroclubs!!

Regards, SD..