PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 7th Feb 2008, 11:04
propogandhi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's this for a plan....

Hello All. I've just passed all but one of my subjects on the OAT skills assessment two-day training. I'll go back in 3 months and re-sit that one part. If I pass I'm accepted onto the OAT ATPL 18 month course

Now ready through this thread and other sources my plan, if I pass would be this: Give myself a year to a) raise/save funds, b) secure loan from HSBC and most importantly C) let the winds of the current global financial storm settle and see how my prospects look. If the main forecast is correct 2008/2009 will be full of economically hard time affecting most if not all aspects of business in a negative way. But by late 2009/ going into 2010 thing should begin to look good again, and by this time (having started my training in spring 2009) I should have timed it right and will be able to enter an industry with greater employment opportunities for a recent ATPL graduate.

Please, I no expert, but how does that sound. What are my faults with this plan, any comments welcome.

Propogandhi.