PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Interview 31st March -02nd April 2008
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 07:29
lunatismic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FO320, I'll just copy/paste some information from "Emirates pilot briefing Doc" which was attached to my interview invitation email.

BASIC SALARY

Salaries, which are tax free, are paid monthly in arrears, in UAE Dirhams (US$1 = AED3.67) by credit transfer to the employee's bank account in the UAE. We do not transfer the salary into an overseas bank account.

Salary scales are reviewed on an annual basis; a step increment increase to the basic salary is awarded annually on 1st May.

The starting salaries for Flight Crew are as follows:

First Officer:
Starting monthly salary is AED 20,840.
Productivity Pay is AED 325 for each block hour above approximately 78 hours per month.
Flying pay–AED 35 will be paid for all block hours commencing from the first hour flown to the threshold level above which productivity pay will commence.

(IF YOU DONT CHOOSE TO LIVE IN COMPANY ACCOMMODATION, THE FOLLOWING HOUSING ALLOWANCE IS APPLICABLE)

The Housing Allowance option is provided, if an employee wishes to make and pay for his own accommodation arrangements. The employee will receive the Housing Allowance applicable to his grade:

Captains: AED 11,865 per month (AED 142,380 per annum)
First Officers: AED 10,565 per month (AED 126,780 per annum)

The employee will also receive a once only advance allowance of AED 30,000 to furnish his accommodation. No other allowances are payable. There is no entitlement to the Annual Refurbishment Allowance. Installation of a telephone line and arrangements for electricity connection are at the employee’s expense. Bills for water, gas, electricity consumption and applicable municipality charges, will also be paid by the employee.
The employee will be provided with temporary accommodation for a period of up to three months, by which time they are required to make suitable accommodation arrangements. Housing allowance will not be paid in respect off any period of time when the employee is housed in Company provided temporary accommodation.

LETS CALCULATE THE AVRAGE MONTHLY SALARY FROM THE ABOVE:

for the average of 50 Block Hours a month:
50x35=1750+20840(Basic)+10565(Housing)=33155 AED / 3.67=9035 USD

DAYS OFF
All crew members have a minimum of 7 days off in any consecutive 28 days and an average of at least 8 days off in each consecutive 28 day period, averaged over three such periods. These figures will be prorated in relation to periods of leave.

Command Eligibility Criteria
The Company criteria for command upgrade are as follows:

- 36 months in Emirates prior to promotion to Captain
- 6,000 hours total time.
- 4,000 hard hours.
- 12 months on type from the commencement of line training.
- Satisfactory completion of the Command Assessment Program.

As I said I've only copy/pasted the info, so I'm not sure how close are these information to reality.

Hope you find it useful