PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 01:10
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wont find out type until you front up for your first day. As has been mentioned (and was so in my case) those who start the course first get the 330. If start days are now Mon and Tue, the bus boys are first cab off the rank. Not withstanding there still may be courses of purely 744 positions so at the end of the day who really knows.

I must say I was initially a little let down when I was told I'd be flying with a sidestick, really had my heart set on the queen of the skies. But now that the dust has settled I must say I wouldn't have it any other way, for now anyway. If you can get over the obvious pay difference the route structure is fantastic and length of trips don't see you away for very long at all (compared to 744). The crews are a pleasure to fly with, most if not all endorsements are being done in Hong Kong now (awesome fun) and as the majority of flights are North/South the body clock copes quite easily. For those that elect to commute, that too is quite easy, at least when staff travel kicks in.

It's all horses for courses I guess and ultimately what you take away from your time on either type comes down to your attitude.

Hope you all get what you want