PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 23:29
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hartington...

Thanks for the interesting comments. I am CC for BA but did my T5 Tour way back in September when it still seemed like a building site so it will probably look totally different to me the day it opens (I am lucky enough to be working the Inaugural Arrival from HKG on the 27th...woohoo).

I just want to query your comments about Flight Connections. It is my understanding that passengers will be segregated on arrival and will have to proceed from T5B to T5A before arriving at Flight Connections so they will be unable to stay in T5B regardless as there will be no access to the departures area...am I right??? I was unable to go to T5B as it was still being fitted out when I was on my tour.

It is also my understanding that as per usual (FROM SOME VERY DAFT REASON) that BAA will not allocate the gates on the info screens until the typical 90 minutes or so before a flight departure so although chances are if you are on a LH flight which more than likely will be departing from T5B it will not be confirmed until shortly beforehand meaning you will be expected to remain in the main T5A holding area first!!!

Thanks