PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 21:23
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hugh Jarse and all,

You have got what you deserve. Your negotiators at your last EBA obviously did nothing to deal with scope issues, flow through to mainline, status quo violation penalties regarding schedule, pay for training and most of all remuneration.

Eastern was regarded as little more than a glorified bank run company in the days of Cessna 404s and when the service was given to them out of Port when East West Airlines pulled out. The standards of punctuality, professionalism in the circuit and radio all went down. The last time I used you guys I was in Port Macquarie. We were called at our farm by reservations and told the service wouldn't be running on Sunday morning and I could either come down the night before or miss my flight to LAX, which could be changed...for an additional fee. No explanation as to why it wasn't running.

So Hugh...given that your beloved employer ,(past if you're at Virgin by now), couldn't run a service when you weren't faced with any of the challenges you are now facing, what do you propose we think of the bright and rosy picture before us?

If your new hires can't do an approach in Australian weather and can't land a plane properly, the issue is in the professionalism of your training.

Like they say..some things never change.