PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 6th Feb 2008, 21:06
tinyflyerBHX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a pen?

I was working a late night flight back in to BHX when a female passenger asked if she could borrow a pen, Only I was re-stocking the bar cart and with the noise of the jet engines and the clanging of cans I had completely misheard what she had said, thinking she had asked for a PIN I went on to explain that we didn't carry sewing kits and the only pins the crew had available was the one on our name badges and that we could not allow her to have one as it was part our uniform. The very confused passenger went back to her seat followed by a colleague who had overheard the conversation she promptly apologised and offered the lady a pen.

On another flight believing the gash was stowed and locked in the rear left LAV promptly unlocked the door and deposited a fire proof bag full of gash on to the lap of a elderly woman. The two crew working at the rear had switched the gash to the right hand LAV and failed to tell me.