PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR license in France
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 19:26
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My JAA PPL(H) is due for renewal in May but I have decided to vote with my wings and am going to transfer it tot the French regime. Liberty,egality and cheap wine.
Thats a big decision, I think you should look into what is actually involved in Transfering your licence to French administration and what you will give up by doing it.

I too am a brit living here in France and have a UK issued JAA-PPL. I looked into this last year (see the link I placed above), and the DGAC wanted me to pass all the PPL theory exams again in french and then pay them a few hundred Euros for the previlidge of switching to French state JAA-PPL licence administration. The switch also results in my medical being valid for 2 years not 5 (or 1 instead of 2 depending upon age) and also means that although flying an F-reg is no different to before, I cannot legally fly an aeroplane of any other JAA registration outside of France (or even inside france depending upon the Reg...). Another thing to consider is the IMCR....

My decision was to hop on a flight to the UK pronto to get a JAA Compliant Medical.......

Regards, SD..