PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 17:21
stu_h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prowle - personality types

In regards to the type of personality you need to have, personally I don't think there's a definitive answer. I've met some great, and entirely individual, people when I've visited units during my selection. All you can do is be yourself, and answer honestly.

Sure, if you go through the questionaire, you know the types of responses that wouldn't be brilliant (eg - I tend to flee from the first sign of a problem), but there are so many variations and check questions that you cannot really bluff through it.

Even with answering honestly, there will still be things that come up. In my stage 2, one part of my results apparently said I was optimistic. In my stage 3, the summary said I was totally a pessimist and could never see the positive in anything!

I guess there are certain traits that can be useful, but this is just my personal thoughts:

Do not fear the unknown, just be mindful of it and prepare for what you can. Be strong enough to know your own limits. Try and keep calm, and if things aren't going according to plan, come up with a new plan, not panic.
Be able to think logically ahead, rather than only being able to focus on the now.

There's no doubt tons of others.

Good Luck, and remember, even if things don't work out the first time, there's always the second (or third for me).