PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free PPL courses. UPDATE Now also a fully-funded ATPL/IR!!!
Old 6th Feb 2008, 16:12
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TF.... I don't want to get into a fight here. In my mind there is a difference between kids who looking at the reports seem to have set out to excel gaining a scholarship (take a look in the dictionary at what scholarship means) and us old blokes wanting some free flying.

I to have put myself through 2 degrees over the years and have a job. But I was not scholarship grade material at school, just got off my arse later in life when I realised I was heading nowhere.

You may resent them but I think these kids are credit to society and deserve it. The scholarship is clearly stated as being for those who can't afford it so one would think that these kids don't come from silver spoon backgrounds. which makes the fact they have worked so hard to excel at everything they do even more remarkable.

Better than getting drunk in bus shelters and working out how many kids they need to drop at 15 to get a council house and enough in benefits to keep thim in fags and alchopops.