PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More on UK Pilot Imports
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 13:44
Ficky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is pathetic. If the legislation allows it then go talk to your MP about getting the legislation changed! It has nothing to do with BALPA, and naturally the knockers of BALPA have got in and volunteered their time to do something about that as well haven't they? Not. In the meantime how about inviting the Canadian's around for a beer?

Tom East

I was once directly affected by the influx of Australian pilots in the early 90s. Whilst I had sympathy with their plight, they took away any chance of an airline job for many years

I wonder why they were in the UK Tom? Anything to do with UK passport holders in Australia having a "paid holiday in the summer of 89" perhaps?

I seem to recall that this river has been crossed before as well. Everybody at Britannia complained about Air NZ pilots coming over to fly a summer until it was pointed out that Britannia had just been down under for a couple of seasons on a wet lease to Air NZ.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me given the historical precedence and legislation.

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: Timber ]