PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE Abu Dhabi en route
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 13:51
Sammer30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAE Abu Dhabi en route

Hello! First poster here
I have been searching about information for en-route control in the uae.
I've spoken to a very nice fella from serco about abu dhabi and am extremely interestred.
I have a few quick questions though...firstly I believe as serco are a uk company (and i'm a controller in the uk Swanwick) for the first year I would be liable for national insurance contributions...11% of my salary for the first year. I believe that being employed by Gcaa would negate this. However from reading other posts i'm not sure what other differences there are between the contracts? I'm a bit worried about the housing situation in abu dhabi and am i correct in saying that serco help find (or have) accomadation? My girlfriend is a teacher and believes she might get accomadation...it seems loads of guys have teacher significant others so does anyone have any experience of this?

That leads me on to my next question...she is currently my girlfriend. Do I really need to pop the question and get married or can the situation be worked around? Not really sure how strict cohabiting etc it is in abu?

To be brutally honest i'm not going for the cash but more for the lifestyle, that said however the pension/contract stuff here are pretty good and I don't really want to be worse off. I know people keep asking but after accomadation (nothing flash just a two bed apartment) costs in what region would your monthly wage be gbp?

ps i have treid emailing the gcaa via their website but my emails keep on being bounced back as if its the incorrect address? anyone have another way of email/contacting them.

Any help on any questions really would be greatfully recieved

cheers