PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 11:43
madwax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brass Monkey

Its interesting to see how many of us are in the same position... and can't see the changes we're after. Be assured though that Aus is always the last place to move when it comes to changes in the industry. Many managers have their Heads in the Sand!!! Shortages are all over the world and there's lots of poaching going on. Look at J* in SA. But if the Supply and Demand is something to go on, then you are guaranteed with patience to see the demands met... within reason.
Wages have slid and public perception is still that all pilots fit the stereo type of a QF Captain on over 200 g's a year.. this has to be changed.
I totally agree with Ozangel... fight fire with fire! This is not an emotional issue of whether you love flying or not... its about putting aside the dosh for the future you set out for... and struggled many years to get to!! Eg. GA
Shareholders will see to management. It's the shrewd ones that look elsewhere in the operations to find cost cutting measures to remain competitive.
I have been approached by 2 majors for Aus slots and it is still a very difficult decision to take a 30% cut to enjoy a better lifestyle.

I wish you all the best in the battle and hope there are not too many casualties!!