PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet Second Officer Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 11:27
Stpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a 757/767 rating for nearly 2 years and although there is a longish list of airlines that have 757s and 767s you will find that it is very difficult to get into those companies with low hours, even more so if not impossible if they only have 767s, due to their high hour requirements or their own criteria.
To run through that list above.
BA; Do not take low houred pilots that are type rated. You do not fall into the category of non rated pilot nor direct. (new pilot has strict criteria, certain schools, certain grades and only intergrated and normally you have to be referred by your school). Getting rid of 757s to Open Skiies that recruit experienced rated pilots.
My travel - No 757/767 left.
FC/thomson - Not recruiting at the moment and still a huge holding pool exists. They also tend to be very selective as to which schools they recruit from. Their have got rid of several aircraft.
DHL - About 12 months ago they did take some low houred TR pilots, previous criteria was 3500hours and currently looking for those with experience.
Titan - only apply if your Father works there are you have experience.
Astraus - they only take a select few from the bond course.
GSM - Plenty of experience required, as mainly based on 767.
Jet2 - will take low houred with a TR, but have now recruited
Thomas cook - looking a phase out 757, mainly looking at all airbus fleet.
Monarch - experience required or direct from Jezez and dont expect to get paid.
Silverjet - FOs need experience.

If i was to pay for a new TR without the prospect of a job I think that it would be wise not to look at the 757 but look seriously at only the 737.