PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 6th Feb 2008, 09:54
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JB - Spot On!

My UK IR 170A - September 10th 2001

Went into Hedgehog Mode, got a proper job - instructed part time, learnt some very good jokes to tell in the cruise when I was PA'ing on my days off.

Things got better gardually - now P1 on a chunky bizjet

Forget integrated training, if you do not have a job within 6 months of graduating then modular/integrated does not matter.

All this 80k-100K bull needs to stop right now - go modular, speak to your boss explain that you may wish to have some unpaid leave in 2009, do it in chunks. Do the majority of the training in the US - cheeeeeeeap$ get FAA licenses as well, get as much license for your £££'s as possible.

Come back more rounded, more hours, more interesting to spend time with, more able to adapt to the Kingair Job you will probably get rather than programmed to the non existent airbus job you are longing after (and pissing off your kingair boss by telling him how much 737 FNPTII time you have). The days of living the 737 dream are slipping away, tell Oxford to shove it and paddle your own canoe and save yourself 50K.

Think less about the goal being getting the fATPL and consider the goal to be getting a job - any job, I've said it before but when the music stops make sure you have a seat!

best of luck - and to the accountant who borrowed the money and its too late to pay it back, - pay it back and go modular and keep your proper job. I know its dead easy to say that from FL410 but imagine one of your clients proposing to do what you are doing on a loan of 80k with a doubtful outcome - what would you advise?????