PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 6th Feb 2008, 09:50
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
NACUD

Like many posters you are plainly missing the point, which has been repeatedly made.

BA pilots are not trying to scupper whatever business plans BA mis-management wish to try. BA pilots are not asking for Ts & Cs comparable to mainline. BA pilots are asking that any pilot employed to fly a BA aeroplane, using BA resources, run by BA management, on a BA AOC is flown by a pilot, whether a new recruit directly into Open Lies or an existing BA pilot, who is placed on the BA pilot seniority list.

It would cost ZILCH. It has to be asked why BA is impacably opposed to a nil cost item. Nothing to do with having a hidden agenda to screw us in the future I do not suppose.

It grieves me to damage our already tattered reputation. It grieves me to inconvenience our long suffering passengers. On the other hand I am working to the legal maximum that I can physically work, I have accepted massive changes to my current working agreements, I have accepted massive changes to my pension arrangements but I have reached the point where I will NOT accept an underhand, unnecessary, divisive change promoted by a greedy, here today gone tomorrow, short termist management who will ride off into the sunset in a year or two with obscene amounts of money having just screwed my future.

The line has been reached. Whether we have public support or not, whether the unpleasant anti-BA rhetoric and insults from others with an axe to grind continues here or not. I will strike (for the first time ever in my life) over this issue.

A common seniority list is A NIL COST ISSUE but it does give me a small chance of preventing BA mainline being unnecessarily decimated in the ever faster race to the bottom of the heap. Is that so hard to understand?