PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin P/A''...Thank you cabin crew for all your hard work...''
Old 6th Feb 2008, 09:04
Final 3 Greens

2dmoon

You may be interested to know that I booked 6 long haul J class segments yesterday.

I had a straight choice between BA and EK.

I would be lying if I said that I chose EK solely because of my reaction to the BA announcement (but there was little in the price, the BA route was a little longer by duration, but their seats are better than EKs.)

This annoucement is just generally symptomatic of my perception of the decline of what was a very good (customer oriented) airline from the late 80s through to the early 2000s.

I can't get over the feeling when flying BA that a lot of CC may be polite to pax, but really cosider themselves the centre of attention. The recent industrial action and the cheering from CC on TV did not make me feel warm, esecially as it cost me a bit of money.

So by all means make your PA if you wish and I do applaud you for taking the time to consider your team, but I wonder how many people leave your aircraft not liking it and decide to take another carrier next time?

FYI, I take about 105-110 flights per year, the majority in C or J.