PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin P/A''...Thank you cabin crew for all your hard work...''
Old 6th Feb 2008, 07:48
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
reply to aussieej and tightslot (moderator)

rog!

What a crock!! get over it and move on!!! If you fly as much as you say you do, then you are probably one of these people who have total disregard for the PA anyway!! Whats your damage man!!!!??? Thanking your crew in front of pax, to me, shows to them (punters) that people in a position of authourity care about their crew/collegues/friends after what could have been a long/tedious/ or even UNeventful day!!

NEXT!!!
well mr or mrs aussieej, having read your other posts with similar language how is your career coming along?
fyi i have been flying since 1964 and working with a/c since 1972.
operations and air safety was my concern so for me the crew and their p/a's and briefs i always listen to,
unless they want to sell me scratch cards or twitter on about the latest charity, then i switch off

i think 99% of posters here fully understand that the team leader of the crew or the captain prefer to show their thanks with their team later not in some faceless p/a during the landing checks (which is the more safety critical period, save the thanks for debrief)

it should be never be taken for granted that any day will be ''uneventful''
espesh after nonpremeditated events such as BRITISH AIRTOURS TRISTAR overrun at LBA 1985, AF A340-300 overun at YYZ, IB A340-600 overrun at quito, or BA038 B777 crashland at LHR when the crew have done a good job, know wot i mean?) i can list more but it will bore the pants off you

so mr/s aussieej if you think its all a crock what i say (yuk isnt that american?) then fine, i hope when you get your job flying around that you do make yourself more aware of the unexpected on critical phases of the flight then hoping to hear 'your pat on the back' p/a...
iso of being half asleep hanging out of your jumpseat on finals after your long tedious and uneventful day...
ok?

I and a lot of crew don't think it's tacky but shows good team work and appreciated staff
Just stirring the pot a bit...
  1. Who does it show this to? In other words, why does saying it on the PA in front of passengers make it somehow more valid than saying it to the whole crew on the bus afterwards?
  2. If staff want to feel appreciated, shouldn't that appreciation be a spontaneous individual act by a customer rather than an enforced and self-indulgent comment that they have no option but to listen to?
  3. Given that a percentage of the paying customers object to this PA, shouldn't their views take precedence over the crews desire to be publicly acknowledged?
  4. Do you not make this PA if you are not satisfied with the performance of your crew on the day?
agreed, rog747

Last edited by TightSlot; 6th Feb 2008 at 08:43.