PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 6th Feb 2008, 01:11
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
courtney

What an arrogant bunch of clowns you Nigels are.
Why do you feel the need to be so abusive. Your points could have been put accross in a better way I'm sure.

there are more than a few cock ups in your cupboards.
BA have always been very open about their 'cock-ups' so that we can all learn from them.

It would seem that you believe the Daily Mail and all aclaiming your 'heroes' for saving 150 pax from certain death
I don't think any BA pilots are claiming the duo were heroes, but I'm very glad I wasn't faced with their scenario because I'm not too sure the outcome would have been quite so good - how about you?

People have got to be crazy to book flights with BA, one can never be sure that you prima donnas will bother to turn up for work.
When was the last time that BA Pilots went out on strike then? I believe it was back when the 747 classic was introduced - they have been turning up for work for several decades since then.

Now to get away from Courtney (whoever he is), I understand (I think!) the reason why you are worried about 'open skies', but I would like to try and understand what will be achieved by industrial action to prevent it?

This question was asked by a BA F/O mate of mine a few days ago, and despite being a far brighter fellow I was a little perplexed.

The discussion went along the lines of 'no more expansion possible at LHR so BA need to find it elsewhere'.

My F/O mate was worried that his going on strike could be for 'nought' because there would always be a 100% presence at LHR and therefore there would never be a threat to current pilots T & C's.

I asked him to contact his BACC rep soonest.

Forgive my ignorance, but could somebody clearly state here what BALPA's objective's are and what the objection is. My only concern is to make sure my friend puts the right tick in the box.

Over to you Mr Judkins.