PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 23:57
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I expect that it will be squeaky clean and most of it will work very well. However, there will always be something that annoys every Nth pax.

After two years, it will begin to look a bit shoddy and they will be cramming in extra shops.

After five years, it will be the same as T4 or STN. Yes, I know that I'm too cynical but using LHR for the past 42 years will have that effect on a person ...

I am sure that they are planning more 'wonderful' things that will make their life easier and look great on paper and at the PR launch BUT the problems of getting pax to learn new routines - just to make the carrier's life easier (under the pretence that it will make out lives easier)??

If the rumour about no external power points at the gates is true - then they have missed a beat. If they did not install them, it will have saved some cash and cost them in other ways.

Some years ago, I was able to recharge at Grand Central station by sitting on the ground at an outlet normally used by the cleaners. No one stopped me and I was very pleased to be at the station and using their facilities and vending machines.