PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - uncle Bill's testicle pulling algorithm.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 21:20
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
uncle Bill's testicle pulling algorithm.

Copying photos to CD & DVD.

It was alright, I have most of my pix on backup DVDs, but today, while I'm rushing to pack for an unknown period in the UK, things are going horribly wrong.

Whatever is happening clearly has been ordered from the little Daemon that lives deeply embedded in uncle Bill's testicle pulling algorithm.

Explorer clearly shows all kinds of files on any CD that I put in the writer, despite them not having been written yet. The HD light flickers showing that calls are being made to drive C. Refresh...no difference. Reboot, and for a few blissful moments, the drives show that there's no disc available. Try to copy and all sorts of things happen, so many in fact that it could be described as chaotic.

I have never had the need to use a sophisticated pix handling program...until now. With a few hours left, I would dearly like to carry the soft home, and indeed be backed up.

Can anyone tell me a quick trick to control Explorer, ie kill any buffering or whatever is hanging onto the files, or any soft that I could download and learn in about ten minuets? Taking into account my diminished brain-cell count.

I've tried doing this while uttering some incantation that came from I know not where.