PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Feb 2008, 21:19
iflysky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me clarify it better. Compass Test had probably a total of 300-350 or so questions. It is structured a bit strange. For example for the coordination part you had to fly a flight director with crosshairs and follow its commands together with coordinated use of the rudders and joystick. You sit in front of the computer with a joystick and rudder pedals, sort of like home PC Flightsim. There were about 20 or so profiles. Then for the memory part they would display a range of altitudes, frequency as well as heading changes for 5 seconds or so and then you had to retype them on a blank screen. Math in general I thought was quite easy like calculating %'s, a bit of fractions, although there was some algebra stuff e.g. 2x+y=20 what is y if x=10. Also they asked to calculate a hypotenuse of a triangle (I had to sit there for a bit just to remember what the he** a hypotenuse was). Technical was basic like what is Mcrit, Dutch Roll, what are speed brakes used for, what is better used for stopping on a dry runway brakes or reverse...that kind of stuff. Aviation psychology was weird at best - enough said on that.
Psychology part (day 2) was around 500 questions. It is broken into two parts. First is a social evaluation just for them to determine if you can work with a group or if you are an absolute social outcast and the second I guess was for them to figure out if you are crazy in your head.

Last edited by iflysky; 6th Feb 2008 at 00:04.