PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Feb 2008, 16:22
iflysky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure. In my opininon this interview had more of a social/psychological eval. direction. Out of 700+ total written questions that were asked only 20-30 were technical.
Day one was a welcome brief, followed by group exercise. My group had 3 guys and we were given 3 different task to complete. Only one was aviation related. Each task was timed. This exercise was for them to evaluate your CRM, social interaction, group cohesiveness, rational desion making skills. Pretty much to generally see if you are a complete social reject with no social interaction skills. Later you go on a little DXB tour and lunch. Come back and take the Compass test. This test evaluates your overall aviation related knowledge and skills. There is very little you can do to prepare for it. It test everything - coordination, memory, technical (20 or so basic ATP aerodynamics and WX questions), basic math, aviation psychology.
Day two is psychology and panel interview. You take 500+ written questions from which they compile your social and psychological profile. The panel interview is primarily based on that profile. My interview was very straightforward no tricks 30 min. deal. Very standard "tell me about a time" stuff. Later you meet up with the psychologist and they give you a spot on social/psyc. profile of yourself.
Day three is medical and sim. Very thorough, detailed medical (at least for us from the States). They check everything . I did the sim in ATL, but from what I heard it was unchanged from the older style interview.
All-in-all, I though it was a very fair, professional interview experience. At no time I felt uncomfortable or under threat. Just be yourself and come here with an open mind. Do not b.s. them as they will smell it out right away.
Good Luck

Last edited by iflysky; 5th Feb 2008 at 16:52.