PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 5th Feb 2008, 12:48
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the Americans could come up with a contradicting definition "Negative Growth".

As said above, there will always be an inhereant amount of risk in borrowing and spending 50k upwards on flight training. I cant think of one single thing other than this that requires so much money with absolutely no gurantee's at the end.

But there will always be a reason why something can't be done and economies always bounce back so the long term will be fine. It may be rough for newbie's like myself for a while but nothing this good comes easy so as long as you plan to get yourself through the really **** times of no money, no job and lapsing ratings then you'll be fine.

I'm just about to start my training and have planned for a hard time ahead with little or no job prospects and little hope of any improvement on the situation for a few years. If I get a job in the mean time then great but I'm not banking on it. All doom and gloom? Well I probably sound bloody miserable but just being cautious with the whole thing but none of my fears come close to stopping me from cracking on with it.

Flying Squid