PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nppl Changes!
Thread: Nppl Changes!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 12:21
Shortsighted Gink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Firstly I apologise to all for leaping into the middle of a...um...'lively discussion' but I have two questions about the changes, and BEagle would appear to be the most knowledgable authority I have currently found. I have copies of the ANO and the Amendment No 2, but would like some independent clarification of my understanding.

I am a holder of an SSEA NPPL. It is valid under the 'rolling validation' system (1.8 hr training flight May 2007, 12hrs TT/9hrs P1 in last year). However, due to various reasons I need to take some time off from GA. Under the current system my NPPL will be invalid by May due TT; hence if I transferred to the new system I could theoretically take quite some time out without invalidation. I have a club currency check flight in March, and would quite like to use it as an NPPL revalidation flight to get on the new system.

Q1 I understand that an NPPL holder transfers onto the new system at the next revalidation flight. Am I correct in thinking that the flight under 'the new system' is the same as the 'old system' ie with an instructor (not an examiner)? And that the Certificate of Revalidation (when they are available) is signed by an examiner to say he is satisfied you have the appropriate TT + P1 time + 1hr flight with an instructor? The reason for my question is that the CFI at my club has put a notice in the clubhouse saying that henceforth, the NPPL revalidation flights need to be with an Examiner....

Q2 If, having revalidated for the next 24 months I chose to take lessons in a 3 axis microlight with a view to getting that rating, would the microlight P.U.T. time count toward my total time for the next revalidation...?

Many thanks