PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 10:25
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So tell me... why is air travel, in real term, cheaper today than it was 10 years ago ? why are REX etc making HUGE profits? and WHY do they sit by and let their company fall into a heap just to avoid a payrise for pilots ?

As has been said before: Many pilots WOULD stay for increased money. many WOULD stay for the same money, but INCREASED conditions. Many pilots WOULD stay for increased money AND conditions.

What HASN'T been said, is that IF the money were comparable/slightly better than a 737/a320 F/O wage, then many pilots COULDN'T move on, as they couldn't afford the slight paycut in the short term!!!!!

I know that I am mortgaged to the eyeballs, and cannot afford to take a paycut! Even a year on 10,000 less, would seriously hurt me. OK, OK I know I will be shouted down here saying that I should NOT have gotten myself in such a position, but LONG term ambitions based on current conditions( 2 years ago) now preclude me from losing any money for the next few years.

I was anti the last EBA, but got told by the AFAP, that it is the BEST that we will get offered, so take it!!! (sound familiar???????) - Thanks Lawrie! no real bargaining... no real balls!- thanks Lawrie!Management now KNOW that they can walk all over pilots because we keep buckling... THANKS LAWRIE!!!!

Whats the plan for the NEXT EBA ???