PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus Flying Club & Aberdeen Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 09:37
Front Row

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, A couple to answer here.....

Jim Alexander..I remember Jim. Think he used to be on Viscounts before going to TNT on 146's. Had a Jodel, and then a Stampe, which I was fortunate enough to fly a couple of times with him. The Stampe ( G-BKRK ) was sponsored by the Runway Inn ( large letters down the side of the fuselage ) and I think Jim used to compete it. Jim sold the Stampe and the last time I saw it it was sitting, wings off, in a hangar at Aboyne.

Fiona as far as I know, didn't work in a Whiskey Distillery, although the top drawer of the office filing cabinet could pass for one at times !!!!

Pegasus was indeed aquired by Tayside in the late eighties. For one reason or another (pretty sure it was medical), Peter was going to lose his ticket. By this time, a new clubhouse had been built ( beside the fire station and still occupied by the the resident flight training organisation today) which had put a large strain on the fortunes of the club. Tayside took over with two resident instructors - Ken Cassidy and Jim Downie.

Don't know Malcolm Cummings, But we did have a few ATC who used to fly with us. Geoff Greavey, Paul Mayhew, (Andy ?) Badham, Ian Revell are a few that I recall.

Oh, and another Instructor...Phil Murgatroyd. Phil was also ATC at Aberdeen before he decided to swap over to the other end of the mike ! The last time I saw Phil, I was on an oil shuttle flight from Unst in the Shetland Islands operated by Brymon utilising Dash 7's. Phil noticed me getting on, and let me have the jump seat on the way back. This was of course, back in the days that you could do this. Not sure where Phil is now, but hope he's doing well.

A few casualties ( aircraft wise ) during my time there but fortunately no fatalities.
G-BEWP (150 ) went off the end of the runway at Aboyne, flipped and was W/O
G-BFFY (150) was the one mentioned earlier in the thread that went across the furrows.
G-ATNK (150) was blown over whilst sitting on the pan - W/O
G-BMCI (172) damaged wing in same incident.
G-BFJM (152) had a lucky escape after cutting Phone / Power wires close to Insch Airfield, but was later W/O in a separate incident.