PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 07:35
nose door

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening A71,
What a great day's fishing, 25*C, clear blue skies, but i have some bad news for you i'm afraid...no tuna! Aparently they're further out to sea, yep that is a large area of water...bigger then a lake, now you know what a lake looks like, yes, well if you imagine the same picture but you can't see the other side, thats a sea, and an ocean is bigger then that, but not to digress back to the point at hand. How was your day, did you have a choccy milkshake to wash down your tuna sarnie, i don't normally give out advice, but why not try ham or cheese, try a bit of variety, that way you can actually back up what you are saying as opposed to trying to bluff your way through, it is also advisable to drink lots of water, as when your telling all your colleagues about how many guys want to leave cargolux and join a non profit making organization, they will probabbly want to hear a bit more from you as to "why"? and you don't want to let your throat get dry, as you'd then sound like "sdaffy duck" on the radio, and that would'nt be be very proffesional now, would it?
Met some guys over dinner this evening, from another freight outfit, lufty cargo, you might have heard of them, do you have any friend's there, do you have any pearls of wisdom for them? Anyway, we got talking about this and that, but the one point that they did mention and this was the interestiong bit is actually, the amount of pilot's that actually leave Cargolux or lufty is actually very small, probably 1-2% per year, actually go, and of that 1-2% is one guy who probably fills at least the 1/2% as last year he left luty to join CV and then 3 month's later left CV to join Lufty again, now where is the sense in that, we think he just like to do physco test's so he can actually tell guys he's good at them.
Oh well must off to bed, think about doing some wine tasting tomorrow, if you would like to imprees your colleagues in the other seat, go out for dinner with them and order a good bottle of New Zealand Red, they make some excellent red's now, as well as white wines. You know, that a lot of people really enjoy a kiwi over aussie, as the flavours are a lot more subtle, (and that's wine i'm talking about)
Try a stoneleigh, from marlborough county, now i'll probablly have to give you a bit of a geography lesson here, as we're talking about marlborough countynot country, this one is south of the equator, (not where your ciggie's are from,) you might have heard about that one during your flying exam's, it's also known as the 0 degree latitude, not to be mistaken for the 0 degree longitude which is also known as the greenwhich meridian, so called because it passes through a small town called farnborough, but you probabbly know about that place, one day you might even cross the equator and the only way you'd know is that your pee goes down the toilet the other way, but that's all for another day.... well my friend, you don't mind me calling you friend do you, i must hit the sack, as i have a beautiful ewe waiting, and someone has nicked her coat, she collect's cow bell's you know, so to impress her i told a little white lie!! I said that i had a little Austrian friend who might just be able to get her one.
ND