PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 07:13
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"How slow can you go? "

OK, OK! I admit defeat! B*gger it GB!

20"/2500 rpm at 10,000' - 10 degrees flap - wheels up - deck angle straight out of the Space Shuttle at blast off - I could just get it to 40 kt IAS (which is as low as the ASI in the FTDK goes) before my world kinda fell apart!

Sorry, no piccies! I just could not maintain equilibrium and work the camera at the same time!

Jabaaaaaa, where the hell are you when I need you?

Now if I was a devious sort of person, I might have landed and taped over the ASI. Had I done that I might have discovered that with the ASI taped up on the ground with multiple layers of electricians tape - somehow, instead of reading 0 kts as one might have expected, it might read about 60 kts once the engine was started and sat on 60 kts the whole bloody time. Of course nobody would deliberately take-off in an aeroplane with the ASI taped over, so I am only speculating here as to what might happen in the FTDK if one were to do so!

Conclusion? Cessna fit crappy under-reading (at the bottom end of the scale anyway!) ASIs to their aeroplanes! I suspect the same ASI's over-read at the top end of the scale!

Dr