PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it that is so ADDICTIVE about helicopters?
Old 4th Feb 2008, 23:40
Bell 206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why i flying choppers

growing up around helicopters (parents own a helicopter company) i did not understand or could even see what all the fuss was about..

then as i grew up and had to make a career choice, i decided flying sounded like a good option, family company.. something fairly stable.. (over 25 years already)..

once i started and eventually gaining enough experience to do the desert surveys/filming etc i found out what it was all about!! being in control of such a piece of machinery that could and wil bite you at anytime..

flying on sunset up a river (that you KNOW has NO power lines or anything else, for that fact nothing for at least 100nm) at 5ft above the water at 110knots (all alone) listening to the great CCRs song Run through the jungle!! nil wind no doors, PERFECT - what better way to earn a living!!!

taking tourists/passengers on their first flight and seeing the smiles on their faces that you know will last for days..

i also LOVE the fact that i get to see some of Australia's country that you could almost gaurentee no human has possibly been!!!

also the start of a turbine.. tick tick tick.. the smell of burnt jet fuel!

what more could someone want in a career!!! bugger the money i do it for the love!!!!!