PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's really the best??
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 23:21
A320PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for the replies. I guess I should be a little clearer. There is a plan in mind. I don't mind flying since it is what I choose as a profession! The plan as I see it is multi level. First I would like to do some serious international flying and get paid to do it. I would like to see a captain upgrade before a few years before I turn 50, currently 41. I would like for my youngest child to grow up learning from a very diverse multi cultural background.

Now have said that I am still looking for information on which carriers would offer the very best of what I have listed above.

Now I do realize that EK is well established and has the biggest a/c order and by the looks of things loads of international opportunities but what about time to command?

EY seems like a new carrier with lots of potential for rapid advancement and a little better pay but how about housing and strong international flying??

Gulf Air seems to have been around for a bit as well and I did have a friend of mine that used to work there and liked it but left to go back to American. He has sinced decided to leave american for EY and suggests I do the same. He was on the 767 at Gulf and was told that they were cutting back but it appears that has all changed now. I still would like to know about their compensation and accomidations?

Thanks again for any info that anyone can offer.

A320PLT