PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 4th Feb 2008, 21:05
Simmans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I browsed to this site several days ago in an attempt to find out what the grievance was all about.
My reason for doing so is ultimately selfish, as I've booked the family across the pond for a holiday at end of March.

Though annoyed we've been unlucky enough to be attempting to jet off in the middle of potential industrial action, I must admit, that having read many of the postings here, and also browsing to the BALPA site, I would tend to side with you for taking this action. In truth, I'm more angry with the seeming intransigence of BA management, dragging the company through the mire again in an attempt to bring about a reduction of your T & C's by the back door.

I do hope that a 'peaceful' resolution will still be possible and that you manage to get the company to see sense. Given the recent profits forecast, it does seem bizarre that your management should see fit to potentially destroy the company over the well earned pay of those who made those profits possible in the first place?!?

Going back to my 'selfish' reasons once more, my booking, for non-flexible business class tickets were made with a 3rd party travel company (lest that makes any difference) If things do come to the worst, would I be correct in assuming I'd not be eligible for any refund given the cancellation was caused by Industrial Action' ie 'outside BA's Control'? Where exactly would I stand in such a situation, other than the proverbial 'Creek with no paddle!'

Best wishes for a speedy & successful resolution, and apologies if, as a Newbie, I've wandered slightly off topic on this my first posting! -I'm only self loading cargo after all!